Well just like that we are half way through the year and just like all the other blog sites it’s time to share our favorite albums so far (R&B/Hip-Hop/Rap albums that is).
With the amount of music we’ve been blessed with already it’s hard to keep it to five and I believe each of these artists’ albums deserve a spotlight or a listen, if you haven’t yet.
Just in the order of release dates, here are my personal favorites that have stayed in rotation:
- Lucky Daye – Candydrip
- Buddy – Superghetto
- Vince Staples – Ramona Park Broke My Heart
- Blxst – Before You Go
- Pusha T – It’s Almost Dry
- Nana – From The District To The World
- Black Star – No Fear Of Time
- Ella Mai – Heart On My Sleeve
- Kendrick Lamar – Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
- Jayson Cash – Read The Room
- Westside Boogie – More Black Superheroes
You might be thinking, “that’s a bunch of west coast artists.” And? If nobody else is going to show the coast love, I have to make sure to do it.
What are your favorites so far this year?